Our well known Commercial Vehicle Franchise Dealer client based in Johannesburg is looking to employ an experienced Franchise Executive.
Our well known Commercial Dealer Franchise client based in Johannesburg is looking to employ an experienced Franchise Executive.
- Must have commercial trucking DP experience – not negotiable
- BCom or related degree - preferable
- Benefits – quarterly incentive, company car (average perks tax), fuel, medical aid, retirement fund and funeral policy
- CTC package –cash component R100 000 to R115 000 monthly
The position oversees the Johannesburg dealerships and Polokwane dealership and requires a highly experienced, passionate person who enjoys autonomy and is confident in achieving business growth. The focus of this role is on leading people, achieving results and driving business growth. The incumbent will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with the various OEMs.
The successful applicant will report to the Divisional Retail Director.
Marketing and sales of the brands’ including commercial vehicles, parts and service in the division.
Maximising market share, profit, customer service and sales of all insurance products offered by the Company.
• Maximise profitability and control costs
• Maximise sales of insurance products
• Sales of parts and servicing of brands
• Identify opportunities to grow the brands in region
• Ensure customer satisfaction
• Grow footprint of dealers in region
• Marketing of brands in region
• Products/ Customers
o Increase sales of new, used, workshop, parts in order to achieve Financial Year Budget
o Customer service
o Promote and handle events, launches, social media and corporate social responsibility
o Product and technical training
o Ensure company complies with Health and Safety regulations and company regulations
o Quarterly Board meeting reporting on financial performance, sales of New & Used trucks and Parts & Labour Sales
o Implement brands’ CI across all dealers and any advertising
o Quarterly review with all Business units
o Weekly meetings - review performance MTD
o Compile budgets and forecasts
o Maximise margin across all product departments
o Analyse and reduce costs
Sensitivity - Operational
o Manage working capital to reduce interest bill
o Stock management - trucks and parts
o People Management
o Provide leadership for region
o Recruit and develop staff in departments
o Manage performance daily, weekly and monthly versus budget
o Attain and maintain Transformation goals
o Identify talent and train for future jobs
o Communicate feedback on performance to individuals
o Guide and mentor employees
Market share PBIT/ PBT:
• To develop strategies to drive dealership revenue, profitability and market share in the relevant area.
• Develop and implement people capacity plans in line with delivery, performance objectives and budget, in partnership with specialised areas across the value-chain.
• To achieve and exceed financial targets, as per agreed budget.
• Optimally manage and control the cross-functional areas in the division.
• To formulate and implement dealerships practices in compliance with legal requirements, of the Brand''''s guidelines.
• To ensure customer acquisition and retention via customer focused interventions in the dealership.
• To generate enthusiasm and set an appropriate brand example in line with the franchise standards.
• Stay informed and up-to-date regarding competitor intelligence and awareness, via proper market analysis.
• Track the performance in order to measure and improve operational efficiency for the dealerships.
• Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
• Commercial Dealership experience
• Proven management track record
• Knowledge of CPA, FAIS, FIC, POPIA and Right to Repair
• Knowledge of Financial Accounts
• Agility in order to cope in a volatile market
• Good leadership skills in order to drive business
• Ability to solve problems and create new ideas
• Networking skills
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to make decisions
• Service Driven
• People Orientated
• Results Driven
• Effective Decision Maker
• Strategic thinking ability
• Minimum 5 years commercial Dealer Principal experience
• Previous exposure to various retail commercial motor industry business disciplines within a customer focused environment.
• Retail motor industry experience - mandatory
Education, Essential Competency Requirement
• BCom/ other relevant tertiary business/ commercial qualifications (preferable)
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
• Leading and Supervising
• Persuading and Influence
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Planning and Organising
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
Applications should be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, indicating achievements, knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Applicants will have to sign consent for ITC, FIC, criminal checks and relevant psychometric assessments to be undertaken.
Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
N.B. (Only candidates that meet the criteria will be shortlisted and contacted)
N.B. (Only candidates with Automotive Industry experience will be considered and contacted for this position)