Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct on going preventive maintenance and upkeep of maintenance services.
- Ensure that all the maintenance activities and systems adhere to the standards / efficiency / productivity levels that have been set for the unit
- Ensure the hotel meets health and safety standards in line with company H&S Audit standards.
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities.
- Organise all projects in a manner that does not disturb guests.
- Oversee all aspects of projects the coordination and completion on time within budget and within scope.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects.
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues.
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs.
- Make periodic checks of completed repair and maintenance work to ensure that the established standards have been met.
- Coordinate with Executive Housekeeper, Front of House Manager and other Head of Departments on preventive maintenance of rooms and other repair work.
- Develop, update and implement the department’s Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in similar position.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team.
- The ability to maximise staff performance through training & coaching.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance requirements and standards for a 5 Star Hotel.
- Sound knowledge of departmental financial management, budgets, cost control.
- Must be able to work shifts, public holidays and Sundays as and when required.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.