A leading multinational organization, specializing in inspection and testing, has the following position available:
Senior Process Engineer
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide technically acceptable process engineering deliverables within time and cost constraints (Process Engineer). To work as Lead Process Engineer by defining the process philosophy and strategy for the study to ultimately ensure a satisfactory process solution (Senior and Principal Process Engineer.
2. REPORTING STRUCTURE
Technical Manager : Process
At least 2 to 4 years for a Process Engineer, 6 years for a Senior Process engineer and 10 years for a Principal Process Engineer with plant experience in industrial operations.
- Communicate with customer and review customer’s enquiry documents and evaluate requirements and constraints
- Produce the conceptual design and generate alternatives
- Contribute to basic design criteria document through:
v Preliminary equipment & motor list
v Preliminary control criteria
v Major equipment & material specification
- Provide Process engineering input to project implementation and project set up
- Provide feedback to functional manager
- Control Philosophy - Knowledge of how the plant should be controlled
- Construction & Commissioning -Understanding of on-site construction work such as commissioning or customers and suppliers interactions
- Risk Analysis -Ability to identify project and activates risk from any point of view including knowledge of hazard and operation HAZOP
- Value Engineering - Ability to optimize a process by adding value either as saving in cost or simplifying the process
- Process Flow Diagrams - Ability to produce, understand and deliver Process Flow diagrams
- Testing -Knowledge of testing techniques and procedures including specifications and interpretations of test works
- Equipment & Components - Knowledge of process, control, quality, electrical etc. equipment specifications, suppliers and features (including equipment installation and components)
- Legislation & Standards - Knowledge of sector specific law (e.g. Engineering, safety reqs, Audit regulations, Insurance laws etc.) and knowledge standard specifications (e.g. Plant layout requirements, etc.) including the ability to integrate these standards.
- Economical Awareness - Knowledge of economic fundamentals and ability to make estimations and proposing alternatives
- Process Simulation -Ability to simulate processes by means of software or other methodologies
- Mass balance - Ability to calculate (using software and spread sheets) the mass balance of a process
- Process Design Criteria - Knowledge of parameters required to design the process
A good Chemical Engineering or Extractive Metallurgy or Minerals Processing Degree from a recognized tertiary institution.