Our client in the Banking Industry is on a search for a Senior JAVA Developer to design, creation, testing and documentation of new and amended applications from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards to help business be more efficient and provide a better service.
· Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries quickly and effectively.
· Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients
· Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
· Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews
· Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution
· Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance
· Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation
· Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
· Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills.
· Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
· Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
• Understanding of SDLC and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies
• Web Services (REST, SOAP), JAXB, XSLT, XSD
• Maven and Ant
• JBoss, Wildfly
• JavaFX, Swing, JSP
• Source Code Control
• JPA, Hibernate, EJB3
• JMS, MQ, ESB and SOA experience
• DB2, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree or Diploma in Computer Science
· Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
· 5 years + experience in programming and system design.
For a confidential discussion send a details CV to <--------Please upload your CV here--------