SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE
Our client in Johannesburg, Gauteng has a job vacancy for a Senior Sales Executive. All potential candidates that meet all the requirements below are requested to kindly forward their CV documents and qualifications to <--------Please upload your CV here--------
- Setting annual budget targets by customer (existing and new prospective), by volume, product mix and margin.
- Meeting sales targets by actively growing the existing and new customer base (turnover, product mix and volume), tracking performance constantly and formally on a monthly basis as a minimum.
- Customer retention and sales growth (turnover, volume and margin) is paramount and key. Any customer “lost” to be explained in writing to the Sales Director as and when this happens.
- Develop and maintain professional, mutually beneficial business relationships with customers.
- Visiting customers on a regular basis to ensure familiarity with all set-ups, contacts, changes and needs of all customers.
- Evaluating customer needs and advising Management, the Laboratory and Technical Department accordingly.
- Constant monitoring of sales performance and trends, at customers and in the industry at large, formally reporting this to the Sales Director & Managing Director along with the adapting sales plans and actions to address these trends accordingly.
- Adherence to and awareness of all customer tenders and any other customer requirements.
- Ensuring optimal pricing and sales margin by effectively engaging customers to ascertain pricing, then providing the Sales Director the information for final approval.
- Ensure that all price amendments are implemented or where required, negotiated with all customers. Ensure that these and any other agreements are implemented by the company completely, accurately and within the relevant time frames required.
- Ensure that any additional customer requests regarding pricing is dealt with, finalized and adopted after agreement – example – Pricing models and ensure it is clearly understood by both the incumbent and customer.
- Constantly increase the total number of customers, turnover and volume sold.
- Customer retention.
- The incumbent will at all times act, write and speak in a manner that is professional and respectful.
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of each customer’s business in order to deliver service plus brand loyalty and the appropriate product solutions.
AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- All systems, accreditations processes and procedures are fully understood and the Company’s “Core Value Proposition” is effectively sold into the market, customer by customer. As this evolves and changes it is understood and taken to customers.
- “The Brand” extends into product range, service level, technical ability and after sales support functions.
- The support and service to all customers on a 24-hour 7 day a week, based on the customer’s needs.
- A thorough technical sales understanding of the company products. The sales executive is the primary contact point and as such responsible to channel any issues, requests or improvements to the relevant staff, if this specialist input is required.
LOGISTICS AND DISTRIBUTION
- Advising customers and timeous response. This includes directing customers to others within the company. The incumbent is always responsible for ensuring that there is closure and that the customer is satisfied before closing off the issue or request.
- Customer is satisfied before closing off the issue or request.
- Dealing with queries effectively and as quickly as possible.
- Managing risk debtors/bad debts as instructed by the Finance & Credit Department
- Enforcing and understanding the company’s credit management policy, terms & conditions and accounts procedures. COD (cash on delivery customers) become the incumbent’s personal financial responsibility.
- Providing logistics interventions when necessary.
- Ensuring timely delivery of stock to customers and between the branches and/or Head Office, if applicable.
- Providing feedback to Directors on customers’ demands as well as monthly performance.
- Ensuring that all staff observe the company policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Exercising discipline and control over junior staff through observation and day to day interactions.
- Dealing and raising customer complaints and NCR’s as is dictated by the process, procedure and works instructions.
- Providing accurate and complete information to the lab for colour matches and trails to be generated.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Overseeing compliance with health and safety policy.
- Ensures compliance with all MBSA’s systems, processes, legal requirements etc. in respect of, but not limited to: works instructions, ISO 9001, 1400, 22000 and OHSAS 18000, the HR disciplinary codes, document control etc.
- Effectively feedback any / all information regarding opposition to the Sales Director/Managing Director.
SALES SOFTWARE, PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
- Sales Software, the quotation system, Evolution and all other software, processes and systems to be fully utilized to ensure the efficiency and visibility of sales. The relevant laboratory systems and software also apply (LIMS).
- All software, systems and processes to be fully utilized and kept updated daily in order to track customer opportunities, trials, technical requests and customer complaints. This applies to all existing and future changes to the functionality of these key performance indicators.
LEAN MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
- To be adhered to, embraced and implemented throughout.
ADHERENCE TO QUALITY
- Quality of trial forms submitted and all other documentation.
- Producing contact information sheets/visit reports
- Customer requirements feedback within systems and procedures.
- Provide all monthly reports tracking sales by customer and volume in order to analyse growth and progress or alternatively any negative trends. Constant monthly feedback is required regarding sales, the strategy and any amendment required.
LABORATORY & PRODUCTION FOLLOW-UP
- Constant follow up and follow through with all issues, colour matches, supply or trials with customers as well as production via the relevant Head Office staff.
- Strict adherence to documentation e.g. leave forms, protection of all assets (e.g. lock up and PC’s), cost control (e.g. own vehicle & cell phone cost limits etc.) and adherence to working hours.
- The effective use of the NCR system for all internal problems and issues to ensure constant improvement.
- To know, understand and implement where and when required.
- To build positive relationships through professional and mutually beneficial interactions for both the customers and for the company.
- Accumulate, investigate and understand all the evidence required from the customer in order to support Head Office, the MD in addressing the complaint and retaining the customers.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH CUSTOMERS
- Visits reports as per Category Rules or format requested by Directors.
- Ensure accuracy of stock at all times by adherence to inventory policy, document flow and other relevant systems.
- Assist with inventory counts and other requests when required by the supply chain manager – this includes all consignment inventory counts at the customers’ premises on a monthly basis or when so requested and required. Also applies to all MBSA premises.
- Investigating stock variances if requested to do so.
- Matric and technical knowledge of product and customers’ processes
- Diploma or Business (BCom) degree / MBA or a Technical Diploma or (BSc) Degree
- 2 – 3 years plastic industry/masterbatch experience.
- More than 5 years senior sales executive of masterbatch or related industry at a senior level.