A globally respected, South African-based company specialising in Electronic Manufacturing is looking for a Senior Instrumentation Technician to be responsible for the design and testing of electronic circuits covering analogue, digital and RF.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years’ experience in the design and development of products and of production test equipment, a National Diploma (Electrical Engineering or equivalent) specialising in Electronics or Instrumentation and programming skills in assembler and high-level languages such as C, C++ and Delphi. Visual Studio & LabVIEW. Windows and Linux based test platforms. Database development skills in SQL.
Reports to: Instrumentation Department Manager
Primary purpose: Research, design, development, integration, test and qualification of test equipment.
Travel requirements: Local and international travel may be required
Job description / core competencies:
- Improvement of measurement systems.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure the smooth operation of equipment deployed in production, debugging and fault finding.
- Work closely with Design Engineers in R&D to ensure efficient production testing of designs.
- Delivery of measurement systems meeting performance and timescales as per project requirements.
- Technical documentation of instrument designs.
- Data analysis of test results and instrument performance.
- ECP management.
- Configuration management of designs and of deployed equipment.
Location (country, city): Gauteng, Alberton
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 10 years’ experience in design, development of products and production test equipment
- National Diploma Electrical Engineering (S courses) or equivalent specialising in Electronics or Instrumentation
- Design and testing of electronic circuits covering analogue, digital, and RF
- Experienced in measurement principles and measurement systems
- Programming skills in assembler and high-level languages such as C, C++, and Delphi
- Visual Studio & LabVIEW
- Windows and Linux based test platforms
- Database development skills in SQL
A globally respected South African based company, who specialises in Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing and consistently at a leading position of developments in modern electronic technology.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.