Position Title: SEO Specialist
Location: Kempton Park, Johannesburg
Salary: Market Related
Employment Equity: Non EE
Employment Status: Full Time Permanent
SEO Specialist - Kempton Park, Johannesburg
A well-established Web and Software Development company is looking for a ‘SEO Specialist’ to join their team on a full time permanent basis for their offices based in Kempton Park, Johannesburg.
Excellent salary on offer subject to qualification and or experience, plus internal career advancement opportunities.
About our client:
Our client is a well-established web and software development company providing software solutions to a massive national car rental company. The company was founded in the late 1950’s and they are the largest car rental company in the world. Through corporately-owned and franchised stores, the company operates more than 1,000 locations in 77 countries.
They are one of the most widely recognized brands in the travel industry that caters to cost-conscious business and leisure travelers.
About the Opportunity:
You will be working within our talented team, and you will be responsible for managing SEO activities to increase rankings on all major search networks and assist with internal search strategies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Developing and delivering SEO strategies across a variety of campaigns that align with company goals and objectives.
- You will be responsible for managing SEO activities.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for your colleagues.
- Completing website health checks and performing audits on existing SEO campaigns.
- Reviewing and refining our SEO processes on an on-going basis.
- Staying on top of the latest trends and updates on all things SEO.
- Performing on-going keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Research and analyse competitors
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Updating website content
- Quality checks on websites & social media platforms to ensure specials are valid
- Prompting customers for content weekly
Your experience will include but not be limited to most of some of the following:
- SEO experience
- Experience in technical analysis, outreach, link building, content marketing with proven SEO results.
- Strong knowledge of the latest SEO trends and Google Algorithm changes.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Expertise in analysing a website’s search performance for both desktop and mobile
- Experience using a variety of tools to extract meaningful data. This will include, but is not limited to Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, AHREFs and SEMRush.
- A proven track record of meeting & exceeding targets.
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Passionate about learning
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Passionate about learning