- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Trade Tested and Qualified Refrigeration Technician OR minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Technician/Mechanic in a HVAC or refrigeration environment.
- Knowledge of the HVAC or refrigeration tools, materials, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Skilled in reading and understanding schematics.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC or refrigeration malfunctions from performance and test equipment readings and determining appropriate repairs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and overhauls equipment such as air compressors, pumps, air handlers, air dryers, heat exchangers, other environmental changing devices, other mechanical equipment or electrical pneumatic and electronic components.
- Installs, maintains, or repairs pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation, and air distribution equipment.
- Installs and replaces all types of pumps or refrigeration equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or other instructions.
- Read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid pressure and distribution in systems.
- Operates various refrigeration recovery equipment in compliance with EPA guidelines.
- Solders with sil-fos and silver solder, layout, and fit piping.
- Tests malfunctioning systems and components using electrical, mechanical, digital, and pneumatic controls.
- Maintains cooling towers, water treatment facilities, and tower distribution system.
- Prepares estimates for repairs and installation of equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance, regular servicing, and repairs to refrigeration equipment of all types, sizes, and temperature ranges.
- Maintains records of repairs or equipment requiring future service.
- Coordinates work schedules with other departments and shops in order to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
- Provides technical direction of HVAC service workers.
To apply, please send your CV and salary expectations to --------Please upload your CV here-------->
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within 48 hours, please accept your application as unsuccessful.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.