- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Trade Tested and Qualified Refrigeration Technician OR minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Technician/Mechanic in a HVAC or refrigeration environment.
- Knowledge of the HVAC or refrigeration tools, materials, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Skilled in reading and understanding schematics.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC or refrigeration malfunctions from performance and test equipment readings and determining appropriate repairs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and overhauls equipment such as air compressors, pumps, air handlers, air dryers, heat exchangers, other environmental changing devices, other mechanical equipment or electrical pneumatic and electronic components.
- Installs, maintains, or repairs pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation, and air distribution equipment.
- Installs and replaces all types of pumps or refrigeration equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or other instructions.
- Read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid pressure and distribution in systems.
- Operates various refrigeration recovery equipment in compliance with EPA guidelines.
- Solders with sil-fos and silver solder, layout, and fit piping.
- Tests malfunctioning systems and components using electrical, mechanical, digital, and pneumatic controls.
- Maintains cooling towers, water treatment facilities, and tower distribution system.
- Prepares estimates for repairs and installation of equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance, regular servicing, and repairs to refrigeration equipment of all types, sizes, and temperature ranges.
- Maintains records of repairs or equipment requiring future service.
- Coordinates work schedules with other departments and shops in order to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
- Provides technical direction of HVAC service workers.
To apply, please send your CV and salary expectations to --------Please upload your CV here-------->
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within 48 hours, please accept your application as unsuccessful.