Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health (MatCH) is a division of the Wits Health Consortium under the School of Public Health of the University of the Witwatersrand. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support.
Main purpose of the job
The professional nurse assists facility management to provide quality primary healthcare at public health facilities supported by MatCH. Activities include clinical management of patients, site assessments and related quality improvement aligned to National Department of Health standards, and on-site training and mentoring.
Key performance areas
- Day to day service delivery at ARV clinics and Primary HealthCare (PHC) sites.
- Clinical assessments, management and monitoring of children and adolescents on ART.
- Provide technical assistance and onsite mentoring to facility staff.
- Coordinating, implementing and reporting on clinical activities.
- Conduct needs assessments and supporting the development, implementation and monitoring quality improvement plans.
- Completing patient records in line with guidelines.
- Support the CCMDD programme including identifying patients for decanting, adherence support groups and seeing follow up patients.
- Submit progress reports.
- Manage equipment & supplies including conducting assessments of requirements, managing stock & equipment and coordinating the maintenance of equipment.
- Collection of patient data and reporting data to MatCH M&E coordinatorfor submission to the donor.
- Any ad hoc activities in line with the nature of the job.
Required minimum education and training
Diploma in General Nursing
Professional body registration
South African Nursing Council
Required minimum work experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in public health services and HAST Management
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification in HIV Management and dispensing
- Sound technical knowledge of PMTCT, TB-HIV integration, Pediatric treatment and care
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation / NGO or project-based environment
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- Experience in training, material development and quality improvement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills together with good communication skills
- Ability to speak other African languages relevant to region
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritise own work load and work towards deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Please note that the above vacancy is a part-time position.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 29 April 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium. AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.