Our Client is looking for a Production Planner for their Lesotho office to be responsible for issuing and tracking work orders and ensuring that required material is supplied to the production floor, as according to the production schedule.
This position is also responsible for expediting and prioritizing work orders and coordinating and managing weekly production schedule meetings.
The successful candidate must have advanced skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
This position will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of specified products.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each section according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of assembling, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Check product specifications.
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet dispatch dates according to customer orders.
- Attend regular production meetings with the production managers.
- Prepares production reports. May be required to prepare a list of required materials, tools, and equipment. May also be required to prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Daily processing of works orders
- Produce weekly/monthly productivity/efficiency reports of all cost centers.
- Process purchase order and expedite the orders.
- COSC and/or related qualification
- Strong Excel skills
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
How to Apply
All applications must be sent to --------Please upload your CV here-------- stating the job reference in the subject line.