PhD Studentship in Academic Entrepreneurship - University of Witwatersrand
A DSI-NRF and Wits Health Consortium PhD Studentship is available GLF Syndicate at the University of Witwatersrand to work closely with the DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa.
The Studentship will focus on entrepreneurship within academia with a particular focus on Africa. The successful candidate will undertake various projects, potentially including evidence synthesis, and quantitative and qualitative research. The student will also be expected to spend time conducting fieldwork in South Africa.
The student will be registered with the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
The studentship will commence in Early 2022. This is a 3-year position for those who have a Masters’ degree, or equivalent training, in an appropriate scientific discipline. We provide diverse training opportunities for all aspects of research and for transferable academic and generic skills. The academic requirement for entry is a distinction or upper second-class degree or equivalent.
SA National and SA Resident Applicants: Full funding is available, for university fees and a tax-free stipend. Non-SA Applicants are not eligible for this funding.
Required minimum education and training:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent training in an appropriate scientific discipline.
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Must be registered with the University of Witwatersrand
- Must be a South African National Citizen or Resident
To apply, please send a full CV, covering letter describing your funding eligibility status, your interest, and suitability for this studentship along with contact details for two academic referees. Applications missing any of the above components will not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Professor Shane Norris - Shane.Norris@wits.ac.za for further information before submitting their application.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV plus a Covering letter and Referees.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 03 January 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.