Our client, a well-established logistics company, is seeking to employ an experienced Operations Manager for their distribution center in the Northern Suburbs, Cape Town.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract position for a period of 11 months.
- The overall objective of the Operations Manager is overseeing the daily operations of the ERC as well as limited functions within the dry goods and perishable sheds according to SOPs and client expectation.
- Plan, manage and implement schedules to ensure deadlines are met and maintain a high-quality standard of service delivery.
- Plan, direct and coordinate purchasing, distribution, forecasting, planning and other equipment management services.
- Manage personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Oversee and manage the various departments within the business unit and analyze and report on various KPIs.
- Monitoring of team staffing and managing risks. Drive KPI’s and goals with teams.
- Staff discipline and staff rostering as well as mentoring of staff and staff queries.
- Empowerment of allocated management team to manage operations
Customer Liaison: Daily meetings and site walks with clients and score card discussions with clients and attend monthly Steercom meetings with clients.
- Manage daily maintenance KPI’s and manage volume of damages.
- Manage “Scrap” sign-off sheets with client.
- Manage tools compliance – align with OHS standards
- Manage housekeeping and maintenance reporting.
- Maintenance and / or servicing of facilities, MHE’s and vehicles.
- Ensure spares availability, ordering, quotes, and delivery.
CCMA: Represent the company at CCMA cases.
OHS: You will be the OHS accountable representative of the company on site.
- All SHE files maintenance and updates.
- Monthly toolbox talks and safety awareness campaigns in conjunction with the group and client safety officers.
- Manage availability of equipment for client.
- Assist client and client services with equipment demand planning.
- Highlight and mitigate risks and stock take management and shunting plans and reporting.
Reporting: Equipment availability reports and staff reporting and maintenance reports and financial reporting.
Procurement: Maintaining inventory levels to meet client requirements.
Warehouse Management:Stock management and asset registers.
Housekeeping and process management.
Systems management and quality control management.
Administration: Leave management and general administration.
Financial management and equipment return management.
Reporting and statistics and analysis.
Financial Management: Plan a OPEX budget and track, manage and report on approved budget.
Quotations and purchase orders.
- Tertiary management (essential).
- Supply Chain Degree (desirable) or Degree in Management (desirable).
- Relevant equivalent qualification required (essential).
- Experience may substitute academic qualification (essential).
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, Outlook) – essential.
Experience: Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience in an operational management environment (preferably retail supply chain), with a demonstrated ability in a leadership position.
Skills: Strong operational background.
Standards and results driven to match and exceed key performance indicators.
Excellent administrative skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills to: influence, coach and build a team and manage and interact with a diverse group of people on different levels.
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety act.
- Basic Mathematical skills.
- Above average computer literacy (MS Office).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the LRA and the BCEA.
- Neat personal presentation and attention to detail and analytical.
- Hard working, positive attitude, and sense of urgency.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
- Must be diligent and time competent in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be client service focused (internal clients/staff).
- Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to work flexible hours and be willing to perform duties on weekends.
- Good attendance record and clear disciplinary record.
- No criminal record and demonstrated leadership skills.
Languages: English and Afrikaans (required). IsiXhosa, IsiZulu, Sotho, Swahili (desirable).
Please note that this is a fixed term contract position for 11 months.
Area: Longmeadow, Johannesburg.
Market related salary on offer.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV if you meet the above-mentioned requirements. Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.