Boasting a long list of awards, ambition, strong ethos & a work-hard-play-hard environment, they’re looking for their new Management Accountant to join in on the flair, and flourish. This awesome crowd are looking for someone who’s able to handle the day-to-day bookkeeping & financial administration, while also providing a critical role assisting on the strategic side & focus on financial modelling to improve on systems & reporting.
They’re also looking for the incumbent to be part of the family for the long term. The succession will see you grow into the Financial Manager & eventually Head of Finance. Your financial & leadership skills will certainly be put to the test!
Every day brings something new to the fore, so be up to the challenge & be prepared to have a hands on approach
- BCom / National Diploma / Management Accountant qualification
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- A strong understanding of business and finance principles.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, with advanced MS Excel skills and knowledge of pivot tables (formulae, and strong input data, output reporting financial modelling, and interests in macros, VBA, etc.)
- Ability to prepare, analyse and interpret management reports and financial statements.
- Previous experience in a project accounting environment.
- Ability to pay critical attention to detail and work efficiently and precisely.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work accurately to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively within a team and ability to liaise confidently with all levels within the business.
- A learning individual who will add value to the business overall by championing improvements in processes and efficiencies through detailed financial analysis and reporting.
- CIMA qualification / equivalent
- Sage Accounting experience
Competencies & attitudes:
- Monthly bookkeeping on Sage.
- Process month end journals (accruals, prepayments, payroll, depreciation).
- Generate monthly management accounts.
- Complete monthly statutory returns including VAT processing.
- Ensure accurate processing and allocation of invoices and handle debt collecting on an escalation basis.
- Ensure and maintain the accuracy and integrity of data in the in-house Project Cost Accounting system (Fresh Projects) and prepare detailed project reports on request.
- Assist with budget preparation including forecasting for operating and capital expenditure.
- Assist with strategic analysis and reporting including monthly cost analysis, project costing and profitability analysis and weekly cash flow analysis.
- Obtaining information for forecasting from team managers, preparing team cashflow and cost analysis forecasts and reporting back to team managers to improve project feasibilities.
- Balance sheet recon and analysis.
- Financial department related general duties including assistance with payroll
Remuneration & benefits:
- R 480 000 – R ----- CTC
- Medical aid and provident fund included in CTC, but not compulsory
- Flexible working hours
Nolands Recruitment is a subsidiary of Nolands Advisory Services Africa. This advertised opportunity is not for any company affiliated with Nolands
Please note: this is open to non-EE candidates
This opportunity applies to South African citizens. Non-South African citizens need not apply.
Only online applications will be considered and reviewed. If you have not been contacted within two (2) weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful. We will keep your profile on hand should a similar position come up in the future