Legal Contracts Administrator
A construction company is seeking to employ a legal contracts administrator
- Peruse contracts in tenders and complete contracts when the Estimating Department informs of you tenders that they wish to submit.
- Diligently follow outlined procedures to ensure that we adhere to the allocated (21 day) time frame.
- Consult the Operational and Estimating departments and find the relevant details to complete the contract and highlight any areas of change between the tender stage to contractual stage.
- Identify areas of risk exposure for the company and highlight as discussion for discussion with management.
- All documentation and letters of authority are to be scrutinized in order to ensure legitimacy.
- Once all elements of the contract have been processed, finalized document are to be signed off and timeously sent to relevant party or client.
- Request a copy of final signed contract and file accordingly.
- All communication regarding contract are to be timeously managed and effectively resolved.
- Ensure that adequate time is assigned by directors for each client contract.
Sub-contractor Related Contractual Processing
- Ensuring that sub-contractors sign the country contract and Letters of award and that any additional insurances are in place such as advance payment guarantees.
- Ensure that each procedural step is completed within the 21-day framework in order to minimize risk to the company.
- Contractual process to be effectively uploaded and logged on Microsoft Planner.
- Post information from the Estimating Department regarding the letter of award for a project.
- List all suppliers associated with project on an excel sheet for the relevant project.
- All required documents must be checked for accuracy, scrutinized for legitimacy, saved electronically and printed for filing under the allocated project.
- Manage documents and ensure that all information is available within a relevant timeframe and uploaded onto the interdepartmental electronic filing system.
Analyse and identify the type of sub-contractor appointment that should be used and compile relevant agreement for subcontractors to sign.
- All changes, requests or concerns of a sub-contractor are to be effectively managed throughout the above process prior to signing of the contract.
- Inform procurement regarding completion of documentation that would allow procurement to create the relevant Purchase Order for subcontractor.
- Effective log and manage approvals and renewals of expiry dates on guarantees and communicate with stakeholders prior to the lapsing or expiry of specific construction guarantees, retentions, performance, fixed and variable guarantees of subcontractors
- Manage risk and exposure by timeous communication to Directors and internal stakeholders regarding difficult or problematic clients and contracts.
Ad-hoc tasks and requirements.
- Microsoft Office
- Building industry contracts
- Business administration/secretarial diploma or certificate
- Project management diploma(ideal)
- Legal qualification would be highly advantageous
- 5-year general PA experience in the Construction industry (if only matric), or
- 3-years contractual administrator experience (if paralegal secretary), or
- 2 year legal services experience as a qualified legal advisor, attorney or advocate
SALARY R25 000 PER MONTH
SHOULD YOU FIT THE PROFILE PLEASE EMAIL
--------Please upload your CV here--------
Should you not receive a response in two weeks from submitting your CV please assume unsuccessful