Areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
• Ensure adherence to the production schedule and communicate deviations to the Head of Department ahead of time.
• Troubleshoot and implement corrective action in line with daily production targets with the support from the Biology Manager.
• Record and analyse daily biological yields and performance.
• Maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
• Ensure the implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Promote continual improvement by means of 5S.
• Make decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
• Follow up on inventory for the department.
• Aid in the development of standard operating procedures for internal biology operations.
• Aid in the training of staff on SOP’s related to internal, technical procedures.
• Aid in the review staff performance through performance review sessions as stipulated by HR.
• Support shift supervisors and delegate tasks to shift supervisors and team leaders.
Education and Experience:
• Animal Rearing experience (Insects or Animals)
• Management experience for at least 3 years (leading teams in a production environment).
• Experience working in an ISO and HACCP certified environment
• Background in Biology/Entomology- degree beneficial
Personal Attributes and Skills
• Proficiency in English and at least one other official South African language
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Curiosity to learn about the biology of insects, especially the black soldier fly
• A tenacious results-orientated mentality
• Initiative, creative and self-driven
• Effective communication to levels above and below
• Quality Commitment
• Resilience with a positive attitude to problem solving
• Ability to inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve business objectives
• Well-developed interpersonal relations skill.
Email CV to melanie [at] scitechplacements [dot] com
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.