A large, growing, leading-edge provider of high-end services in the medical space, covering multiple sites in Cape Town and further afield, is looking to employ an IT engineer.
The role encompasses the day-to-day front-end support and maintenance of the Company’s significant IT infrastructure. It includes a high degree of end-user support, both face-to-face and remote. The role also includes installations of IT equipment, be it to replace, improve, expand, develop or to upgrade the Company’s infrastructure.
The position includes a supporting role in the administration of our core infrastructure systems and IT tools, including business applications, servers and LAN/WAN infrastructure running mission-critical systems.
The role is based in Cape Town and requires driving between branches around Cape Town on a frequent basis.
The role requires being on after-hours call on a rotational basis.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Tertiary education in IT / computing or related subject plus relevant certifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting distributed IT systems in a Windows environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, covering a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Flexibility and reliability to work in a demanding environment and collaborate with other team members
- Passion for customer service
- Code B driver’s licence
IT knowledge and other skills preferred:
- Windows desktop environment and ancillary equipment
- Windows 2008 – 2016 server environment, incl. Active Directory and related services
- Linux server environment
- Server and NAS hardware
- Virtualization Technologies (e.g.VMWare VSphere)
- Basic MS-SQL server administration
- LAN infrastructure
- WAN infrastructure, including routing and firewalling
- Office365 administration
- Use of IT service tools
- Experience in medical IT environment
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.