Service Desk Agent
12 month contract
R----- pa neg
- Responsible for the timely and effective response to IT user requests, queries and problems through the receipt and logging of these, as well as the provision of 1st line remote technical support.
- The co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses for higher-level problem resolution and advice on both new and established systems.
- Acts as liaison between users and information technology department on problem areas, managing client expectations.
- May manage the incident to completion
- To provide a complete and informed response on first contact to all customers (single point of contact).
- To provide first-line technical support to customers
- To log and manage all calls, service requests and incidents from end-to-end, including escalation to third parties, follow up and feedback to customers.
- To communicate and liaise effectively with end-users, colleagues and other service providers at all levels.
- To ensure customer satisfaction and continuity of service is managed, by following specific procedures but also by recommending and developing (where appropriate) improvements to these processes/procedures and ensuring they evolve with the organisational goals
- To compile and manage IT service-related documentation, administration and reporting where applicable
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Grade 12 or Diploma with 6 or more years related experience.
- IT qualification / unless qualified by extensive experience in IT (min 5 years)
- ServiceDesk / Customer Care experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience with Desktop support (hardware/software troubleshooting) with user engagement
- Business Requirements Definition
- Client Delivery and incident handling
- Problem Tracking Tool
- Reporting and Administration
- Technologies m19.10s