Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in accounting preferably CA (SA)
• CIMA an advantage
• Minimum three years’ specific financial accounting working experience.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Solid accounting background with a sound understanding of IFRS
Key Responsibilities/ Performance Areas:
- Prepare the monthly cost accounting reports.
- Analysis of monthly budget vs actual expenses.
- Prepare the annual budget and perform forecasting for capital projects
- Develop and maintain cost accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile ledger accounts.
- Prepare cost accounting journal entries.
- Identify and implement process/efficiency improvements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other projects/responsibilities as required.
- Advise the accounting treatment in terms of IFRS on any cost accounting transactions.
- Assist auditors with information requests and queries at the year-end audit.