• To prepare and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports in order to assess accuracy,
completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• To compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
• To analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to enable management to make informed financial decisions.
• To timeously report to management regarding the financial position of the organisation.
• To accurately assign entries to the proper accounts in order to prepare and submit monthly reports.
• To develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• To prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
• To survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and
• To provide support, education and training to staff within the organisation.
• To prepare for and co-ordinate the internal and external audits in order to ensure compliance to corporate governance and
• B Comm or B Comm Honours
• 3 years' accounting experience
• Multi-national/ Multi-currencies experience
• 3 – 5 years' ERP experience
• Law and Government — legal and statutory knowledge
• Basis knowledge of government regulations and the democratic political environment
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles, resource allocation, human resources, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Working knowledge of: enterprise risk; corporate governance; regulatory and operational risk; business continuity; information and security risk; technology risk; market and credit risk
• Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations
• Knowledge of various accounting frameworks (IFRS, GAAP)
Job Related Skills:
• Accounting Software
• Intermediate financial skills and experience
• Proficiency in MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Ability to deal with complex reconciliation processes
• Accounting for projects
• Interpretation and analysis of financial statements and management accounts
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.