6 Month Contract
Creditors Clerk duties
- To accurately capture verified invoices in the accounting system in order to effect payment on time and accurately to creditors
- Ensure invoices are properly authorised in accordance with levels of authority and allocate it to the correct Supplier and General Ledger accounts on a daily basis
- Prepare Payment request forms for all suppliers by payment deadlines
- Prepare a payment schedule for all month end suppliers per company
- Accurately prepare monthly reconciliations of creditors accounts statements against the creditors ageing analysis
- Ensure all monthly re-occurring creditors'' invoices are accounted for and captured
- Manage all payments and creditors across the board and ensure accuracy such capturing in the right period, detect any missing reoccurring invoices, payment due dates, etc.
- Accurately reconcile the open item schedule in the creditors sub system for each creditor
- Ensure resolution and queries pertaining to creditors are dealt with effectively and timeously
- To compare all quotes and agreed contracts to amounts invoiced. Identify any variances.
- Notify relevant management of expiry / renewals of contracts.
- Assist with the obtaining of quotations as and when required.
Ad hoc duties
- Filing of all finance documentation
- Assist with cashbooks and bank recons from time to time
- Assist with general administration for banking, correspondence letters, etc
- Be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Financial Manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
- Experience in Sage Evolution would be advantageous
- Experience in cashbook processing and bank reconciliations would be advantageous.
- Must be attentive to detail
- Able to set and meet deadlines under pressure
- Awareness and understanding of statutory requirements (VAT)
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
Operations (FlexiBroker system)
- Client age analysis: print in excel - client debit note balances & add ageing columns, update if any payments have been received on spreadsheet
- Flexi payment allocations & journals
- Annual bordereaux payments - sorting & preparation of cover sheets (payment schedules)
- Prepare binder fees
- Track commissions
- Unpaid debit orders: prepare and emai all unpaid reports
- Monthly bordereaux payments in advanced:- sorting & preparation of spreadsheets
- IVP (inception value product) - extracts to be done at month-end (list of vehicles with ivp and premiums to be adjusted on bord)
- RSI (risk solutions international) - extracts to be done at month-end (bordereaux & client info)
- Omi (old mutual insurance) monthly & annual bordereaux summary excel format – uploaded to ftp site
- Month-end process: file transfers (once a month)
- Periodic process (bordereaux/raise monthly debits/close period end) - follow procedures as set out on flexi
- Refunds (all branches) - payment date 30th
- Excel – at least at medium proficiency level
- Any gender/race
? Gross salary R20 000 – R25 000, negotiable depending on experience.
? Compulsory membership of the Group Provident Fund: 50/50 contribution of 5% each, plus employer funded risk benefit.
? Accumulate paid annual leave at the rate of 1.25 days for every month worked.
? Working hours: Monday – Friday 08h30 – 16h00 with a 30 minutes lunch break.
To start as soon as possible.
Willing to work over December 2020, except between Christmas and New Year, to support skeleton staff.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.