The role is predominantly focused on the preparation of financial statements for a large number of Trusts and Pension Schemes. The post holder will also be required to manage the finance function of the local office.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce Financial Statements for a number of Trusts and Pension Schemes.
- Review bookkeeping entries for the entities and ensure transactions are captured onto the accounting system accurately.
- Post correcting journals and any year end journals as necessary.
- Obtain and agree third party balances.
- Manage the creditors payment process – SA office
- Manage the purchase of consumables, refreshments, stationary and cleaning supplies – SA office
- Review and reconcile bank accounts. Daily banking.
- Deal with vendors and service providers.
- Support all staff in adopting and working with the finance policies.
- Assist the Head office finance team as required.
- Assist the Finance Manager with developing and monitoring checklists/procedures.
- Complete any other duties as and when required to drive business success.
- 5 years’ experience in an accounting role, including the preparation of financial statements.
- A recognised accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel at intermediate level and an ability to adapt to bespoke systems.
- The ability to develop a logical approach to data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi task efficiently.
- A proven high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability, both verbally and in writing, to display a confident and professional manner.
- A firm understanding of the need to meet and achieve deadlines.
- An understanding of the need to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and external business partners, to ensure the company’s Service Level Agreements are achieved
- A willing and flexible attitude to working hours to support team and business needs as required.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.