Our Client an International Logistics and Clearing and Forwarding organization is seeking an Estimator/Sales Support candidate to join their team in Cape town
To ensure that client estimates and prospect estimates are accurately done and sent to clients within the required turnaround time and to provide support to the business development department.
Key Responsibilities Area(KRA’S)
- Estimates /Sales Support – 80%
- Compile estimates according to client & agent requirements for all transport modes both imports and exports.
- Request landside & freight charges from agents and service providers worldwide.
- Ensure that the estimate charges correspond to client rates in CargoWise and Forwarding Instructions.
- Quality check estimate on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of Customs Tariffs and Port Charges
- Forward estimate to the relevant sales or client services representative to quality check and forward to the client.
- Save approved estimate, in excel format, under the client EDOCS tab in CargoWise. Client Queries
- Administrative support
- Assist the Business Development team in all relevant aspects of their day to day activities.
- Global agent rates negotiation
- Negotiations of rates with 3rd parties – 10%
- In cases where rates are not on file, application is made to the relevant agent or third party supplier for the necessary costs.
- Query Handling – 10%
- Attend to any estimate or rate queries
- Communicate any queries and amendments to all parties involved.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes
Knowledge & experience
- Matric or equivalent of Senior certification
- High level of Computer literacy
- Knowledge of all transport modes – Air, Ocean & Road
- Good administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of Incoterms 2010
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding & Clearing
- Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to work under Pressure
- Ability to integrate with team members and a team environment
- Sense of initiative
- Continuous Learning
- Quality Orientation
- Initiating Action
- Managing work
- Quality Training