What are the duties and responsibilities?
- Collaborating with Content Manager and wider marketing team to research, conceptualise and workshop content strategies that are aligned with each brand’s marketing and communications strategy
- Producing engaging content as part of this strategy, aligning with our marketing and communications calendar. This includes:
- Uncovering trending news topics and keywords to form the basis of new content that adheres to SEO best practice
- Researching and creating blog content for our websites, including articles, infographics and videos
- Interviewing internal and external stakeholders in the quest for information
- Creating copy for other website pages
- Script-writing and editing for promotional/educational videos and animations
- Assisting brand managers on content development for their social media channels
- Assisting with developing copy for promotional activities (eDM’s, competitions, landing pages etc.)
- Headline and copy creation for creative campaigns
- Ensuring SEO best practice is factored into content creation
- Ensuring all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- Complying with all relevant Pacific Policies and Procedures, including specific role level responsibilities.
- Carrying out other duties that are within the limits of your skills, competence, training and/or experience as directed by your Manager.
The essentials you’ll need
- 3+ years of experience in a content writing role, either in-house or agency side.
- Sound understanding of communication principles.
- Exceptional writing capabilities with the ability to articulate a compelling point of view with the brand tone.
- Strong knowledge/experience of SEO and content structure best practice.
- Ability to write content for a range of formats such as website, social, eDM, and advertising, and adapt writing style to suit different audiences and objectives.
- Ability to ‘news hijack’ via a speedy turnaround of high quality online/other content related to breaking news stories and/or trends.
- Highly organised with the ability to work remotely and manage own workload while maintaining high standards of production.
- A sense of humour, to ensure content is engaging and enjoyable to consume as well as educational.
Other valuable skills/qualifications you may have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or other relevant discipline desired but not essential.
- Experience in creating visual content such as infographics, carousels, videos and more.
- Experience working in the financial services sector.
- Displays resilience, tenacity, focus, discipline and ability to foster positive relationships.
Other important information:
- Appendix 1: Key Performance Indicators
- Appendix 2: Annual Objectives
This position is permanent and based in George, Garden Route
Flexibility in working hours will be required to accommodate different time zone obligations