Tertiary qualification in Finance and Accounting (BComm) or Diploma.
- At least 5 years experience working for a multi-national company (preferably an Importer).
- Experience in Corporate and Indirect Taxes including Customs.
- Advanced Excel.
- Must be figure orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Function well in pressurised environment.
- Implements the standard General Review process to guarantee Financial statements economical consistency.
- Reviews KPI about downstream data quality level, closing deadlines and standards compliance (by local data suppliers).
- Provides information for the Company forecast to fulfil internal and external needs.
- Ensures compliance with internal control rules defined by the Manual of General Ledger, Commitments, Purchase to Pay, Finance and other Record to Report Activities.
- Defines and writes rules & procedures to transform Group accounts into local norms, organize validation and implementation process and updates following regulatory modifications and company activities evolutions.
- Validates Financial statements in local norms, formats and submits them to local authorities within country applicable deadlines.
- Coordinates certification by legal auditors of financial statements in local norms.
- In case of regulatory or tax controls, the Accountant provides necessary support and explains accounting data.
- Guarantees quality and accounting compliance of data produced for the preparation of tax returns.
- Assists auditors with queries.
- Review and assist with clearing items on General Ledger recons.
- Validate and post GL and sub ledger journals.
- Review Vendor payments and initiate Vendor payment files.